Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Journey Begins!


My mom always told me that the best way to make sure you do something is to tell someone, and what's a better someone to tell than MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET!?


So here's the plan - I'm going to graduate from university early. I know what I want to do already - to explain it all now would keep you from coming back. But here's the long and the short of it so you at least know where it all begins:

  • I'm studying literature and creative writing at Mossville University. I'm in my super -duper sophomore year, but thanks to the crazy-awesome folks at the College Board I started with mad credits.

  • If I really get my act together, I can graduate in a year by taking courses during the summer. That's gonna require lots of COFFEE (hyper-alert!), visits to the library stacks, and plenty of emoticons over IM - spoiler alert, there's gonna be winking and stinking. WHEW!
  • If I can make up the 19 credits left to meet the graduation requirements, I am G-O-L-D-E-N. Sorry - G-O-L-D-E-N - gotta love them fonts!

Let's be honest - we all have weaknesses. I'll need your help to make sure I don't get sucked in by them and be prevented from reaching my goal. They are, in no particular order:

  • a devotion to finding and watching 80's cartoons posted on the internet. Seriously, there's something amazing about seeing these shows that, last I can remember, I saw while wearing underroos. UNDERROOS - Were my parents really OK with me wearing colored underwear at that age?
  • Bright colors - a problem CLEARLY tied to the previously mentioned obsession. Rainbow brite just is such a cool concept, along with gold stars, stamps with those ink-pads that have 4 - 5 colors in them, and hypercolor. (again - I KNOW! It's back again actually. I visited my friend in LA and they have it at American Apparel)
  • brownie mix. 'Nuff said.
I know it probably goes without saying that the only way to get this done would be not to blog about it - hit the books! Nineteen credits don't just come from hoping. (^wink)

Well, consider this my therapy for the hours I don't spend studying and getting calls from my parents. I'll need it. I'll do my best to entertain you!

Stick around - I'll tell you more later. Now it's time to register for classes - isn't it time they start doing that online?

Skip-a-doodle, I gotta dandle.